The scion of Capital Group
] just landed a big award, and Vanguard
] just landed two.
| Robert Lovelace|
Capital Research and Management Company, Inc
the winners of its five U.S. Fund Manager of the Year
awards for 2015. They are:
- Allocation Fund Manager of the Year -- John Keogh and Michael Reckmeyer for the $40.8-billion, five-star, gold-rated Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund.
- Alternatives Fund Manager of the Year -- Michael Roach, James Stetler, and James Troyer for the $751.5-million, four-star, bronze-rated Vanguard Market Neutral Fund.
| Jerome Schneider|
- Domestic-Stock Fund Manager of the Year -- Damien Davis, Andrew Fones, Robert Hall, Kempton Ingersol, and Keith Lee for the $2.4-billion, five-star, gold-rated Brown Capital Management Small Company Fund [profile];
- Fixed-Income Fund Manager of the Year -- Jerome Schneider and team for the $13.7-billion, five star, silver-rated Pimco Short-Term Fund [profile]; and
- International-Stock Fund Manager of the Year Robert Lovelace and team for Capital Group's $54.1-billion, four-star, gold-rated American Funds New Perspective Fund;
the 14 nominees (some teams and some individual PMs) on January 11. The winners were revealed this afternoon on CNBC's
"Power Lunch" show. Jon Hale
, Morningstar's director of manager research in North America, digs deeper
into the winners.
Morningstar's fund manager of the year awards date back to 1988, so these are the 29th annual awards.
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now