Quantcast
The MFWire
Manage Email Alerts | Sponsorships | About MFWire | Who We Are

Subscribe to MFWire.com's News Alerts [click]

Rating:Hankin Pushes New Funds at Brown Advisory Not Rated 0.0 Email Routing List Email & Route  Print Print
Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hankin Pushes New Funds at Brown Advisory

News summary by MFWire's editors

A storied name in the mutual fund world is making a comeback. Nearly a decade-and-a-half after Bankers Trust purchased Alex. Brown & Sons, Brown Advisory -- a spin-off from that Baltimore-based mutual fund advisor -- is making plans for quick growth.

Brown Advisory was in the news this week for the launch of its newest mutual fund, the Equity Income Fund (BIADX). The mutual fund advisor's hometown paper Baltimore Business Journal covered the launch.

Of more interest may be the firm's expansion push that it started last fall.

The Baltimore Business Journal reported in November that Brown Advisory is hiring up to 130 people -- an amount equal to 50 percent of its current workforce -- in a bid to grow its business globally.

CEO Michael Hankin is leading the push. Not only is Brown Advisory opening offices around the globe and adding to its product lineup, it has also hired a chief marketing officer. Malcolm Fitch is a veteran from Citigroup and Goldman Sachs. Fitch has signed New York City PR firm Sloane & Co. to handle publicity.

The firm now claims $26 billion of AUM.

The just-launched mutual fund is Brown Advisory's tenth. The fund family is also reportedly eyeing launching an international mutual fund that would be based outside the U.S.

Michael L. Foss and Brian Graney co-PM Equity Income. They will invest at least 80 percent of the portfolio in stocks and the remaining 20 percent in investment grade and non-investment grade bonds. The new mutual fund will also focus on companies with more than $1 billion in market capitalization. 

Edited by: HFD


Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now
CLICK HERE

0.0
 Do You Recommend This Story?



GO TO: MFWire
Return to Top
 News Archives
2021: Q1
2020: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2019: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2018: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2017: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2016: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2015: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2014: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2013: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2012: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2011: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2010: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2009: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2008: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2007: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2006: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2005: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2004: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2003: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2002: Q4Q3Q2Q1
 Subscribe via RSS:
Raw XML
Add to My Yahoo!
follow us in feedly




©All rights reserved to InvestmentWires, Inc. 1997-2021
14 Wall Street | 20th Floor | New York, NY 10005 | P: 212-331-8968 | F: 212-331-8998
Privacy Policy :: Terms of Use