Quantcast
The MFWire
Manage Email Alerts | Sponsorships | About MFWire | Who We Are

Subscribe to MFWire.com's News Alerts [click]

Rating:November 21, 2000 Not Rated 3.0 Email Routing List Email & Route  Print Print
Tuesday, November 21, 2000

November 21, 2000

Reported by Sean Hanna, Editor in Chief

NASD Goes After Dean Witter
From Dalles News
T he National Association of Securities Dealers is accusing two Dean Witter Reynolds executives -- John B. Kemp and Lawrence J. Solari Jr. -- with misleading elderly investors. It claims that the pair convinced investors to invest $2 billion into bond funds that were not as conservative as promised. The purported actions took place in the early nineties and Dean Witter Reynolds is now a part of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. The NASD claims 30,000 investors lost $65 million in assets in the Long Term Trusts in 1994.

More on Pilgrim & Baxter's Windfall
From Philadelphia Inquirer
T he Philadelphia paper provides the hometown spin on yesterday's deal by Old Mutual to by the share of UAM's revenue-stream owned by Gary Pilgrim and Harold Baxter for $640 million. The two promised to stay at the firm through 2008 as a part of the deal. The deal includes $110 million in cash this month and another $110 million to be paid in the first quarter of 2001 for 52 percent of the revenue. The two will get $420 million for the remaining 48 percent paid in six equal annual installments beginning in April 2002.

Another Bank Deal
From Wall Street Journal
Cincinnati-based Fifth Third is buying Old Kent Financial for $4.74 billion in stock. The combination will rank as the fifth largest bank in the Midwest.

Shares Instead of Miles
From New York Times
US Airways is joining with Stockback.com to offer shares of Merrill Lynch funds for travelers who purchase tickets to customers who buy tickets through its Web site. The program is similar to that of SaveDaily.com which has partnered with Priceline.com, Travelscape and Economy Travel. The article quotes advisors as being skeptical of the offer and then goes into detail on how the program works.  

Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now
CLICK HERE

3.0
 Do You Recommend This Story?



GO TO: MFWire
Return to Top
 News Archives
2022: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2021: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2020: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2019: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2018: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2017: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2016: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2015: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2014: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2013: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2012: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2011: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2010: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2009: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2008: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2007: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2006: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2005: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2004: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2003: Q4Q3Q2Q1
2002: Q4Q3Q2Q1
 Subscribe via RSS:
Raw XML
Add to My Yahoo!
follow us in feedly


  1. MFDF Director Discussion Series - Open Forum via Zoom, December 7
  2. 2022 MMI Leadership Pathway Seminar, December 7
  3. 2022 Samfund Annual Celebration, December 7
  4. IMEA In Session - Cyber Security Trends, December 8
  5. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Investor Advisory Committee meeting, December 8
  6. MFDF webinar - Investment Valuation and Governance: Deloitte's 20th Annual Fair Valuation Pricing Survey, December 8
  7. Women in ETFs Philadelphia - Holiday Happy Hour With Project Home, December 8
  8. MMI webinar - Defining & Stimulating the Client Experience, December 9
  9. US SIF media webinar: US Sustainable Investing Trends 2022, December 12
  10. Vett Fi Advisor Perspectives Investment Insights Summit 2022, December 13
  11. IDC webinar - Spotlight on the SEC's Swing Pricing and Hard Close Proposals, December 14
  12. 2022 MMI Webinar Sponsored by the MMI Blockchain Finance Forum: Digital Asset Classification, December 14
  13. WE Boston: Annual Give Back Event 2022, December 14
  14. MFDF In Focus: Closed-End Fund Activism, December 14
  15. Crane Data's Money Fund University, Dec 15-16
  16. Crane Data's Holiday Cocktail Party, December 15
  17. MFDF webinar - Impact of 2022 Mid-Term Elections on the Financial Industry, January 10, 2023
  18. IDC's Foundations for Fund Directors, January 11 - 12, 2023
  19. MFDF 2023 Directors' Institute, January 23 - 25, 2023
  20. Exchange: an ETF Experience, February 5 - 8, 2023
  21. 8th Annual Expect Miracles in Manhattan, February 16, 2023
  22. MFDF webinar - Fund Industry Claims Trends: An Insurer's Perspective, March 1, 2023
  23. MFDF 2023 Fund Governance & Regulatory Insights Conference, March 9 - 10, 2023
  24. Crane Data's Bond Fund Symposium, March 23 - 24, 2023
  25. 2023 MMI Summit, March 29 - 30, 2023
  26. 34th Sub-Advised Funds Forum, April 3 - 4, 2023




©All rights reserved to InvestmentWires, Inc. 1997-2022
14 Wall Street | 20th Floor | New York, NY 10005 | P: 212-331-8968 | F: 212-331-8998
Privacy Policy :: Terms of Use