n a recent survey of 1,400 of Bankers Systems
' (BS) customers, 67 percent indicated that financial privacy was of real concern. In response, BS, which provides compliance resource solutions for the financial service industry,
has teamed up with NILS Publishing Company
, both of which are part of the business and finance group of CCH Incorporated
and owned by Wolters Kluwer
of Amsterdam, to create PrivacyHeadquarters.com
, a free Web site dedicated to new privacy regulations.
"Certainly, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act has intensified concern for financial privacy compliance. But privacy law goes beyond GLB," said Katherine Iverson
, Bankers Systems attorney and contributing editor for PrivacyHeadquarters.com. "PrivacyHeadquarters.com tackles the broad range of privacy issues, including those raised by federal laws, such as the Right to Financial Privacy, Fair Credit Reporting, and Children's Online Privacy Protection Acts."
The new service is designed for banking, securities, and insurance professionals, and includes:
- Articles by industry experts
- Text from relevant laws and regulations
- Time lines and checklists to meet requirements
- Discussion groups and questions and answers
- Registration to receive E-mail updates
- Industry polls
- Access to privacy products and development tools
- On-line training sessions and seminars and links to other important sites -- Coming soon.
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now