Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Turner Hands its Private Client Group Chief a Piece of the Pie
Reported by Patricia Kelly
, managing director and head of the private client group at Turner Investment Partners
, is one of 11 new principals at the Berwyn, Pennsylvania-based firm. Wednesday's appointment brings the number of principals at Turner to 94. The company has a total of 127 employees.
Ross joined the Turner in April last year from Columbia Management.
Also attaining principal-status at Turner are Amber S. Kerstetter, an associate in the Private Client Group, Jacqueline Berge, an associate for mutual-fund administration and compliance, John D. Brecker, manager of institutional distribution, Gregory C. Jones, an associate in institutional distribution, and Ryan J. Rabinowitz, manager for distribution and client service.
Other newly-minted principals include analysts Scott C. Swickard, Michael J. Lozano, Theresa B. Hoang, and Pablo Echavarria, as well as Sarath Mom, a network administrator.
Company Press Release
BERWYN, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Eleven new principals have been awarded equity ownership in Turner Investment Partners, an investment firm. With their appointment, 74% of Turnerís employees are now principals.
The principalships reward employees who have helped the firm to serve clients well in terms of investment performance and service. Says Bob Turner, founder, chairman, and chief investment officer of the firm: "We believe in spreading equity ownership widely throughout the firm as a way of recognizing superior performance by staff members. The people who are named principals share our firm's values, are team players, do more than is required, and have made noteworthy contributions to the firmís goals.Ē
The Berwyn, Pennsylvania-based investment firm employs 127 people, was founded in 1990, and manages alternative, core, growth, international, quantitative, and value investments in stocks for institutions and individuals.
Named principals were the following employees:
* Jacqueline Berge, 39, associate, mutual-fund administration and compliance, and a resident of Chester Springs, Pennsylvania. She earned a bachelorís degree from the State University of New York at Potsdam in 1992. She joined Turner in 2007.
* John D. Brecker, 30, manager, institutional distribution, who lives in Wayne, Pennsylvania. He joined the firm in 2007. He received a bachelorís degree from the University of Richmond in 2002.
* Pablo Echavarria, 25, security analyst, who covers the financial-services sector for the firmís growth-stock portfolios. A resident of Maple Glen, Pennsylvania, he joined the firm in 2007. He is a 2007 summa cum laude graduate of Drexel University.
* Theresa B. Hoang, 27, security analyst, who follows the health-care sector for the firmís growth portfolios. She lives in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Temple University in 2004 and joined Turner in 2007.
* Gregory C. Jones, 27, associate, institutional distribution. He lives in West Chester, Pennsylvania, and joined the firm in 2007. He earned a bachelorís degree at the University of Pennsylvania in 2005 and an MBA degree at Villanova University in 2009.
* Amber S. Kerstetter, 27, associate, Private Client Group, and a resident of Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. She received a bachelorís degree from The Pennsylvania State University in 2004 and joined Turner in 2007.
* Michael J. Lozano, 24, security analyst, who covers the technology and producer-durables sectors for the firmís growth portfolios. He lives in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, and joined Turner in 2007. He received a bachelorís degree from the University of Notre Dame in 2007.
* Sarath Mom, 26, network administrator. A resident of Philadelphia, he came to Turner in 2007. He is a 2005 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University.
* Ryan J. Rabinowitz, 32, manager, distribution and client service. He lives in Perkasie, Pennsylvania, and joined Turner in 2007. He earned a bachelorís degree in 1999 at Temple University.
* Gary Ross, 46, managing director, Private Client Group, and a resident of Higham, Massachusetts. He received a bachelorís degree from Bridgewater State College in 1985 and joined Turner in 2009.
* Scott C. Swickard, 25, security analyst, who covers the cyclical sectors for the firmís growth-stock investments. He lives in Eagleville, Pennsylvania, and joined Turner in 2007. He earned bachelorís and masterís degrees at Bradley University in 2007.
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now
Do You Recommend This Story?