Charles Schwab has expanded its OneSource platform to include four no-load Turner stock mutual funds.. The new additions are the Turner International Core Growth Fund, the Turner Large Cap Growth Fund, the Turner Large Cap Value Fund, and the Turner Midcap Equity Fund.
Four no-load Turner stock mutual funds -- the Turner International Core Growth Fund, the Turner Large Cap Growth Fund, the Turner Large Cap Value Fund, and the Turner Midcap Equity Fund -- have been added to the mutual-fund platform at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Offered in Charles Schwab’s Mutual Fund OneSource service, in which investors can buy shares in a mutual fund without paying a transaction fee or commission, are these two classes of funds:
* The Turner Large Cap Growth Fund, Investor Class (ticker symbol TSGFX), a fund that invests primarily in growth stocks with large market capitalizations.
* The Turner Midcap Equity Fund, Investor Class (ticker symbol TMCFX), a fund that invests primarily in growth and value stocks with medium market capitalizations.
Available for purchase with a transaction fee at Charles Schwab and designed for institutional and affluent investors making minimum investments of $100,000 are these three classes of funds:
* The Turner International Core Growth Fund, Institutional Class (ticker symbol TICGX), a fund that invests in non-U.S. stocks with market capitalizations greater than $2 billion.
* The Turner Large Cap Value Fund (ticker symbol TLVFX), which uses a proprietary quantitative model to invest in value stocks with large market capitalizations.
* The Turner Midcap Equity Fund, Institutional Class (ticker symbol TMCEX), an institutional counterpart to the Investor Class fund of the same name.
All 11 stock funds in the Turner Funds family are now available through Charles Schwab. The two organizations have been business partners since 1997, when the Turner Small Cap Growth Fund became the first Turner fund to be offered in the Mutual Fund OneSource service.
The Charles Schwab partnership gives the 11 Turner funds “much broader access to independent financial advisers, high-net-worth investors, and retirement defined-contribution plans than they could obtain solely on their own,” says John P. Lehning, managing director of the Intermediary Distribution Team at Turner Investment Partners, an investment adviser of the Turner Funds. “Charles Schwab is a key source of distribution for the Turner Funds; about 20% of the $2.4 billion in assets invested in our funds are held by financial advisers and individual investors through Charles Schwab.”
Turner’s funds are managed under a team approach, with a lead portfolio manager and comanagers running each fund. The portfolio managers and comanagers are supported by a team of security analysts who cover the stock market sectors across all capitalization ranges and make investment recommendations on stocks in those sectors.
The Turner International Core Growth Fund is led by Mark D. Turner; the Turner Large Cap Growth Fund, by Robert E. Turner; the Turner Large Cap Value Fund, by David Kovacs; and the Turner Midcap Equity Fund, by Steven L. Gold.
Effective January 1, 2006, the Turner Funds are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co., Oaks, Pennsylvania 19456. The investor should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses carefully before investing. This and other information can be found in the prospectus. A free prospectus, which contains detailed information, including fees and expenses, and the risks associated with investing in these funds, can be obtained by calling 1.800.224.6312. Read the prospectus carefully before investing. Mutual-fund investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now