This morning Amundi
and UniCredit confirmed
that Amundi will buy Pioneer Investments
] for 3.545 billion euros ($3.76 billion), plus a 315-million euro ($334.18 million) "extraordinary dividend" that Pioneer will pay to UniCredit before the deal closes in the first half of next year.
[See MFWire's living timeline
of the Pioneer auction for more details and history.]
| Jean-Pierre Mustier|
Here's a round up of some of the coverage so far of the official deal:
- Bloomberg, "Amundi Agrees to Buy UniCredit's Pioneer for $3.7 Billion"
- The Boston Globe, "French firm Amundi buys Boston's Pioneer Investments for $3.7 billion"
- The Financial Times, "UniCredit seals 3.5bn euro Pioneer deal with Amundi"
- The Irish Times, "France's Amundi to buy Pioneer from UniCredit for 3.6bn euros"
- MarketWatch, "UniCredit seals $4 billion sale of unit to Amundi"
- Pensions & Investments, "Amundi to acquire Pioneer Investments"
- Reuters, "France's Amundi to buy Pioneer from UniCredit for 3.6 billion euros"
- TheStreet, "UniCredit Agrees $3.75 Billion Sale of Pioneer Asset Management to Amundi";
- The Telegraph, "Italian bank UniCredit shores up position with 2.9bn pound Pioneer deal"; and
- The Wall Street Journal, "UniCredit Said to Be Selling Pioneer to Amundi for More Than 4 Billion Euros".
Neil Anderson, Managing Editor
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now