Over the weekend, MarketWatch
columnist Chuck Jaffe revealed
the "winners" of his annual Lumps of Coal Awards. Now on its 16th year, the awards "recognize managers, executives, firms,
watchdogs and other fund-industry fumblers for action, attitude, behavior, execution or performance that is misguided, bumbling, offensive, disingenuous, reprehensible or just plain stupid."
In the first in a two-part series, Jaffe named the following awardees:
1. Gary Gensler, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Corp.
2. Invesco Technology Sector Fund
3. Aston Value Fund
4. Management at Fidelity Investments
5. Purveyors of absolute-return funds
6. Hedge-fund managers
7. Vanguard Group
8. Rochdale Investment Management
9. The U.S. Supreme Court
Armie Margaret Lee
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now