It's that time of year again. Pan-American
announces what new funds it will make available to its 401(k) client list. Pan-American utilizes the services of Standard & Poor's
in helping determine which funds are picked, a spokesperson with the latter told the MutualFundWire.com.
"The annual announcement of our fund additions is the culmination of an ongoing search for best-of-breed funds in more than a dozen style classes. We believe that this rigorous process helps employers limit their exposure to fiduciary liability and assists us in offering our plan participants access to the top actively and passively managed funds in each category," stated Rob Jennings, vice president of retirement investment services for Pan-American.
The new funds are:
- BN AMRO/Veredus Aggressive Growth N,
- Aim Mid-Cap Equity,
- Ariel Appreciation Mid-Cap Value,
- Berger Mid Cap Value,
- First Funds Growth and Income Portfolio,
- Invesco Leisure Fund,
- Janus Aspen Series Growth & Income Svc,
- Lord Abbett Mid Cap Value,
- One Group Mid-Cap Growth,
- PIMCO Foreign Bond Fund,
- PIMCO Renaissance Admin,
- Turner Mid Cap Growth,
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Growth,
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Moderate Growth,
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Conservative Growth,
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Income,
- Vanguard Mid Cap Index,
- and Vanguard Small Cap Index.
The S&P spokesperson reported, "We continually screen the universe of funds for Pan-American's 401(k) customers. We make recommendations as to funds that Pan-American might want to choose, and their investment committee whittles that number down even further."
See the list of all the 2002 Most Influential People
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now