has published its Guide to Understanding 529 Plans
by Virginia B. Morris and Starr Marcello.
The guide pulls together information on 529 college savings plans and outlines the different options and special features that people opening and building 529 accounts might want to consider.
The guide includes:
- Types of 529 plans
- Federal and state tax advantages
- Choosing the best investment options
- Strategies for getting the most out of 529 contributions
- Managing 529 accounts through life changes
- Making withdrawals
- Tax and legal issues
- Pros and cons of other college savings options
See the list of all the 2002 Most Influential People
Stay ahead of the news ... Sign up for our email alerts now