The insiders' edge for 40 Act industry executives!
an InvestmentWires' Publication
Tuesday, December 31, 2019|
The 19 Most Popular MFWire Stories of 2019
Here are the 19 most popular MFWire stories of 2019.
18) Will Federated Buy a $54.6B Shop?, May 2 - Unnamed sources reportedly said that the publicly traded fund firm was in talks with PNC about buying an asset management unit from the bank. A week later, the two firms unveiled a deal for Federated to buy part of PNC Capital Advisors. The deal closed last month.
17) So Much For That $1.6T Asset Management Merger, May 14 - The UBS asset management-DWS merger talks reportedly stalled.
16) An NYC Fund Firm Lays Off Dozens, July 3 - The JPMAM team filed to lay off 52 of its NYC employees at the end of September.
15) Calamos Drums Up a Midwestern Acquisition, January 23 - Calamos Investments agreed to buy a growth equity shop in Milwaukee.
14) An M* Vet Takes Over a Midwestern Fund Firm, July 12 - The board of Diamond Hill picked Heather Brilliant to take over as CEO in September.
13) Two Asset Management Deals That Weren't, April 23 - Victory's planned purchase of Harvest Volatility Management fell through, and a senior Wells Fargo exec insists they won't be selling off WFAM any time soon.
12) Who Gained Market Share In 2018?, January 31 - Vanguard, BlackRock, and Fidelity swallowed a bigger piece of 2018's AUM pie.
11) Putnam's Parent Refocuses Its U.S. Biz On Three Units, January 25 - Great-West agrees to sell most of its individual life insurance and annuity business.
10) This New Fund Firm Won the 2018 Flows Race In Just Two Months, January 24 - Morningstar led the 2018 inflows race among the smallest fund firms.
9) What Jobs Is This $538B Asset Manager Moving?, February 20 - A local pub highlights the breakdown of the 1,050 jobs that AllianceBernstein will bring to Nashville by the end of 2022.
8) A Triumvirate Cedes Power to a Sole CEO, January 31 - Marc Mayer took over as sole CEO of Manning & Napier.
7) Only Two Firms Added more Than $10B In 2018, January 17 - The biggest MF and ETF AUM winners of 2018 were Charles Schwab and Edward Jones' Bridge Builder.
6) The Invesco-OpFunds Deal Closes, and More Chips Fall, May 28 - With 2019's biggest merger closing, the fates of more OppenheimerFunds C-suiters came to light.
5) Will Two Banks Create a $1.5T Asset Management Titan, April 5 - Earlier rumors (see above) about UBS considering combining its asset management business with DWS.
4) T. Rowe, Fidelity, Pimco, and OpFunds Crush It In Gotham, March 8 - Refinitiv's Lipper team hosts their annual U.S. fund awards dinner.
3) A 13-Year Neuberger Vet Dies, April 26 - A PM and partnership committee member passed away.
2) Expect Miracles Takes Manhattan For a Fifth Time, January 25 - The cancer-fighting charity crosses the $10-million mark for donations to cancer-fighting research.
1) A San Fran Fundster Takes Over a $320B AUM Multinational, January 23 - Kristi Mitchem was hired to take over as BMO GAM CEO in March.
Printed from: MFWire.com/story.asp?s=60697
Copyright 2019, InvestmentWires, Inc.
All Rights Reserved